Happy Pinning!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Watch out for these guys...

Well I told you it was a rough week, and then to make matters worse I had to weigh in a day early before I left town.  You know that extra day would have made a big difference, right? OK maybe not! So the end result was 1/2 lb in the wrong direction.  Thank goodness for scales that show fractions of pound right, it's less depressing that way.  So I unfortunately have to battle some of the same things still this weekend because I am out of town so we are eating out some.  But it's part of life and I need to learn it and I think I am getting better.  One thing I need to do better at (as I was reflecting on this last week) was looking for these guys:


There are dangers out there that don't even seem like they would be very dangerous! Yup, wolves in sheeps clothing.  Here is an example, when I was working the other weekend I had a big salad and some fresh fruit and I decided to splurge on an old favorite of mine, one of these: 

I was estimating the points from reading the label, I mean afterall they plaster Low Fat all over the bottle should be ok right.  So before I threw away the bottle I wrote down the info so I could calculate my points when I got home and what was very sneaky and I didn't notice in the beginning, that it was seperated into 2 servings!!! So this lovely little beverage cost me 9 points!! I shudder to think how much those frothy frozen chocolate chip laden blended Java Chip shakes topped with whipped cream I have had are if this one which basically tastes like coffee flavored milk is 9 points. So one wolf to look out for is the multiple servings in one small package!!

The other funny thing that happened, that I avoided luckily, was a chocolate mystery unravelled.  When my husband was young he used to always use this lovely little product:


I had never really used it until we were married and he started buying it and I have used it a few times since.  So the other night we were going to have ice cream and I portioned out my 3/4 cup on he got out the magic shell and I said oh let me look at the label.  Do you know what I discovered??? Do you know what the magic is???  In 1 Tbsp of this lovely little product there are 18 g of fat!!!! It occurs to me all of the sudden, what happens to oil when it gets cold, it hardens.  This is the magic of magic shell, they pumped it full of oil!! So instead take out this lovely standby:

Hershey's syrup is fat free and you can add a little to your ice cream for one point!! I am still flabbergasted by the 18 g of fat in the magic shell.  I think I shocked my husband too.  He of course has the best metabolism so he would never notice these things.  Consider yourself warned, these are dangerous diet pitfalls to avoid. Wolves lurking out there, beware!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment