Happy Pinning!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Fun Continues!

Another fun filled day of Easter festivities! I just looked up all the pt values for the candy we have in the house and posted it on the fridge, now if I want a little treat I know exactly how many I can grab and I count everything and not cheat! I wanted to share two quick healthy ideas for maintaining traditional Easter fun!

First let's talk jelly beans.  Who doesn't love them and with delicious brands like Jolly Rancher and Starbursts and of course Jelly Belly's it's hard to resist handfuls of these fruity treats.  Well I propose to you a healthier option where you can eat a whole bowl for very little guilt!  Introducing.....

Jell-O Beans!


There is always room for Jell-O after all and a whole bowlful of Jell-O is less than a tiny handful of jellybeans so eat up! It takes a half hour per color and we used a medicine syringe to fill the mold and it was pretty easy!

The other healthier option involves one of my favorite Easter treats.  After you and your kids do this:


You may be wondering, "What am I going to do with all these eggs!?"
Well Easter is not complete, to me, without these little devils!


But usually made with fattening mayo they would not have been great in the point department.  One easy swap, use fat free Greek yogurt instead of mayo and you have protein powerhouses that are only one pt each.  And feel free to use what ever spices/flavor/garnishes you prefer! I love that I can stay true to the holiday traditions, have such fun with my kids and still eat things I love.  Tonight I am having a few deviled eggs and a big bowl of Jell-O beans! Enjoy everyone, Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment