Happy Pinning!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another delicious pizza recipe!

Yesterday I made a Weight Watchers pizza recipe for dinner, Friday night is usually pizza night if we are going to have one!

This was a monster beast of a pizza, check this out...

Chicken Broccoli Pizza
Going in to the oven...

 Coming out of the oven...

Like seriously can you see how thick this piece is??

Take one whole wheat pizza crust, spread with 3/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese.  Take 1/2 lb chicken and coat with mixture of 1 tsp low-fat milk and 1 Tbsp of reduced fat mayonnaise.  Add 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes and coat.  They differed a little from me here because they had uncooked chicken but mine was cooked.  So they baked it on a cookie sheet for 10 min, I however just threw my coated chicken into a saute pan to warm it/brown it up.  Back to the pizza, on top of the ricotta you sprinkle with coarsely chopped fresh broccoli. I used a lot, this is one of the reason my pizza is so ginormous, you can't have enough broccoli can you? Now this is where I embellished, they didn't use any seasoning. I didn't dare take a chance on having a bland tasteless pizza.  So I sprinkled the pizza with garlic salt, freshly ground black pepper and Mrs Dash's Italian seasoning.  Then you sprinkle with 3 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese. Then you add the nice warm coated/crispy chicken.  Finally you top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 450 for 15 min.  Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy, each piece is 6 pts.  That means you get two pieces of this pizza for almost what the cost of a big slice of pepperoni pizza at a pizzeria is.  I didn't eat two by the way it was filling enough to have one, my family supplemented with potato chips and that leaves us leftovers and me points left for my brownie! Oh yeah baby I had another deadly brownie! It's always better to splurge right after weigh-in then right before the next one anyways! 

Does your family have any pizza traditions? What are your favorite unique pizzas? Please post your pizza suggestions on the facebook group page, I like to get your ideas too!  I look forward to hearing your stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment