Happy Pinning!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

You guys won't believe this one!

Remember when I was obsessed with these....

This is one of the recipes that went straight to freezer and I hadn't thawed it until now and I am bumming because you have no fresh peaches to try this, you seriously don't want to wait till next summer. I would suggest maybe using those frozen fresh peaches from the freezer section to pull this off. 

Cheddar-stuffed Turkey Burgers with Peach Ketchup


4 medium peaches, peeled and pitted and cut up
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash cayenne pepper
2 pounds ground turkey (We actually did ground chicken, it was really good)
2 - 3 ounces white cheddar or Havarti cheese, shredded (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
1 tablespoon canola oil
Leaf lettuce (optional)
8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Additional peach slices (optional)

First:  You need to make Peach Ketchup, that's right Peach Ketchup:

1. In a blender or food processor combine cut up peaches, sugar, cider vinegar, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth = Peach Ketchup
2. In large bowl lightly mix turkey with half of the Peach Ketchup, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Divide into 8 balls. Make an indentation in the center of each ball and fill with some cheddar cheese. Shape meat around cheese. Flatten into patties.
3. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add half of the burgers and cook about 5 minutes, or until well browned. Turn and cook 5 minutes more or until no pink remains (165 degrees F). Repeat with remaining burgers.
4.  Serve on lettuce-lined buns with additional peach slices and remaining Peach Ketchup. Makes 8 burgers. (We actually ended up with 9! Score!)

I had never done cheddar stuffed...anything before! It was so good.  Literally I took a bite of my burger tonight and white melted oozy cheese came out, it was so so good.  And peach ketchup!? It was amazing.  And we have a ton left over, Craig said I was giddy thinking of what I could marinade in it. 

I am tired and I worked a long day and my kids are whiny so I really am wracking my brain trying to think of something else clever to say or talk about....but I have got nothing.  Promise me you will make peach burgers and you will make them often.  I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment