Happy Pinning!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Too many recipes, too little time...

My brain is on overload of all the recipes that I want to make but my freezers are so full I need to eat out of them for a little while.  I am working on trying to use the stuff we already had to incorporate it into meals so I can cut grocery costs a little in this overly expensive time of the year.  Last weekend was thanksgiving, I am sure you all had lovely times with your family full of traditional recipes and lots of bonding.  There was a construction project going on at our house the whole weekend which meant we had a fair amount of time with the men segregated from the ladies.  In an effort to help shoulder the burden of all my Mom's major hostessing responsibilities and say thank you for the free labor at my house I made a yummy little spread for our ladies scrapbook afternoon.  It was a recipe I saw on Pinterest (of course) and it was yummy!

Taco Pizza
Ready for how easy this is?
Take two tubes of crescent rolls and roll them into jelly roll pan and bake at 375 for 11-14 min.  Take two cans of refried beans, I used two different types mixed together.

Meijers Organic Black Bean Refried Beans and Roasted Green Chile and Lime Refried Beans

Warm beans in microwave and spread over baked crust.  Cook meat of choice in skillet with taco packet.  I used chicken.  Spread on top of beans.  Add toppings, I used black olives, green onion, cheese, and cilantro.  I figured I would just use salsa instead of diced tomatoes.  Put back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted. 

I served with chips and guacamole and a tropical fruit salad.  Remember this salad here, I did the same thing but added pomegranate, tis the season after all!

In this hectic holiday season there is a super quick and easy dinner for you.  I hope I have many more recipes like this so I can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment