Happy Pinning!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Reboot: Part 3



The way I felt those first 21 days was unreal! I only lost 5.5lbs in truth but I lost 20.5 inches, and that included going on a road trip vacation!!  I never ever feel hungry.  If anything I am too full to eat all my containers some days! The workouts are TOUGH for sure but they make me feel capable and I sweat like no other workout I have ever done!  I was sold.  


 And during those 21 days I began engaging my mind to absorb all the information I could.  I have read 4 books and listened to hours of podcasts.  I write down goals and I do not waste time on idle behaviors such as television.  It occurred to me at some point to pull out that list from my phone from 2 years ago.  Coaching encompasses 9 out of 10 of the items on that list. But the moment that I got literal chills was when I went to take those measurements from my first 21 days.  I got out my measuring tape from my sewing kit and it caught my eye…..




I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I GOT THAT MEASURING TAPE! I had heard of P90X and Insanity and I guess I had probably even heard of Beachbody but I knew of no one who was doing these things and I really don’t know how I got my hands on a Beachbody measuring tape! I got on my knees and I told God, “I think you have brought me to this. Over 5 years you have slowly led me here to this moment and if this is the adventure you have for me I am going to jump! But I don’t want to do this alone! I want to honor you with this and be a coach who is set apart! Show me how to do this in your name!” The next week we were on a trip to the Bahamas. I know right, trip of a lifetime! And there was this slide there, I’m not a complete wimp but I’m not exactly a daredevil either, but this slide was called the “Leap of Faith” and I heard that and thought, I need to do this, this is my physical milestone of jumping all in, of taking this leap of faith into coaching!  And you can ask my sister Sue the photos of my face contorted in terror as I screamed all the way down are quite a sight to behold! 



In the book Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, Jim Cymbala reminds us that “God says to us, ‘Pray, because I have all kinds of things for you, and when you ask, you will receive.   I have all this grace and you live with scarcity. Come unto me, all you who labor. Why are you so rushed? Where are you running now? Everything you need, I have.’” Over the years I would go through seasons where I heard God calling me and pulling on my heart, I have to wonder if my seeking had been more steadfast how he would have led me to this long ago. I regret that wavering in my spirit, that doubt that he had anything for me.  



 Later in the book Jim says, “Let us never accept the excuse that God cannot work in our situation…this kind of thinking is never found in the Word of God….we can see God do things just as he did in the book of Acts, since he has never changed.  The only changing that can occur is within us.  Let us purpose in our hearts to change in his direction and see him do incredible things to the praise of the glory of his grace.” If you feel God calling you to step outside your comfort zone, even if you don’t have a clue what he is calling you to, don’t settle for where you are, don’t give up praying, don’t give up dreaming….God has a purpose for your life! 




My life was frozen.  My screen was flickering.  My computer was dying.  I needed a reboot.  And God flicked the switch and handed me an entirely different life! I am on fire with purpose.  Now my prayer is just that I can help as many people as possible.  In homes all over the country there are men and women that feel as badly as I did for so long.  And as God is my witness I just want to inspire them with my message, that if I can help them reboot their own lives and live lives of purpose than even in that, my sorrow from years past was not in vain!



 In the Purpose Driven Life Rick Warren also states “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. Don’t waste your pain; use it to help others.” This. This!!! It is in Romans 8:28 that the Bible says “And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” I am here standing on top of my small little blog platform shouting for all the world to hear, God has great things for you! Each and every one of you! And if you feel that there is something missing, get on your knees and ask him again and again to move mountains for you! He can and he will! He will not forsake you there! I am so grateful that even though many times I gave up on my dreams and essentially gave up on Him, he kept bringing me back! I have been rebooted.  Who's next....



No comments:

Post a Comment