Happy Pinning!

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Easter Leftovers Makeover

So the week of Easter we had like crazy amounts of eggs; hardboiled, egg salad, over easy, scrambled....eggs eggs eggs.  Plus I got sent home with left over honey baked ham on Easter.  I needed to clean out some of the random stuff in the fridge so I did this weird trick I do sometimes where I type in random ingredients and see if the internet can incorporate them all or at least give me an idea that I can roll with.  So I found a really cool recipe that I modified and you can call it Easter Leftovers Hash.  I never knew this would be so good and that I would be blogging it so I didn't take very many pictures.  Here's how it went:

Easter Leftovers Hash





Sweet potatoes diced
Bell peppers diced
Leftover ham diced (could substitute bacon)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 black pepper
1 tsp lime juice
Chopped Cilantro
Chopped Avocado 
Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
Diced tomatoes
Shredded Cheese (I honestly don't think we even added this!)
4-5 large eggs

Saute in large skillet (that can go in oven) peppers, sweet potatoes and if you want onion in a little oil and garlic 7-10 min until potatoes are starting to soften, add cooked ham (or bacon) and spices. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir in cheese. Make indentations with the back of the spoon in potato mixture and crack an egg into each indentation. Place skillet into oven 10-15 min until whites of eggs set (depending on how you like your eggs).  Garnish with combo of cilantro, avocado, greek yogurt and diced tomatoes with dash of lime juice.  Transferring the eggs to the plates was a little tricky. It was flavorful and delicious! I wish I could have added more chili powder but I wanted the kids to eat it but a little bit of heat counteracted the sweetness of the honey baked ham well.  It was really really good! And we often eat breakfast for dinner so this was a fun new twist! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment