Happy Pinning!

Monday, January 30, 2012

What's for dinner tonight?

Look at me blogging two days in a row! I made dinner tonight and honestly thought it was way too decadent to bother telling you about it but then I got curious and plugged it in to my handy dandy WW recipe builder and low and behold it is much better than I imagined! Yea! That off sets the part of the dinner that....didn't....go so well.  Have I mentioned to you how I am NOT a baker? Tonight I realized the full scope of that! Frozen rolls, how easy can it be right? Except I never remember to thaw them in time.  However there is a speed rise instructions for people like me but tonight I learned how it pays to actually read instructions carefully and not just skim them.  You were supposed to put the rolls in a warm oven and turn the oven OFF and let them rise with a tray of water under them.  Well I decided to try it leaving the oven on 200 for an hour and a half.  They didn't rise, can you believe it? They look like large stones, hard little unleavened chunks of bread.  Whoops, would have been a yummy addition to my dinner.  Oh well. So I was shopping the other day without a list or a plan. Tough to do especially since I had the 3 year old in tow and a VERY limited time frame while my oldest was at ballet class. Any of you ever watch Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade show? I love her, she is full of Southern sweetness but a practical girl who cuts corners.  Well I have seen the Philadelphia Cooking Cremes advertised for quite some time and thought those may be just one of those corners she would approve of.  So I grabbed a little of this and a little of that and soon enough had my own little Carbonara creation.  Enjoy.

Amanda's Tortellini Carbonara with Italian Herbs

1 pkg tortellini of your choice (I used Buitoni Herb Chicken Tortellini with Rosemary and Garlic, Yum yum!)
1 container of Philadelphia Reduced Fat Cooking Creme in Italian Cheese and Herb
2 cups Mozzarella shredded (preferably light)
1 pkg bacon (reduced fat or turkey)
2 cups frozen peas
1/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1 tsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fry up bacon and blot off any extra grease and crumble or coarsely chop.  Put in a 9 x 13.  Cook frozen peas and add to pan.  Cook tortellini per pkg instructions and add to pan.  Pour cooking creme over and mix.  Add Mozzarella and mix again.  Bake 15 min until melted and bubbly.  Mix bread crumbs and olive oil and sprinkle over pan and return to oven for 5-10 min.  Very rich and decadent, makes 10-12 servings only 8 pts.  My kids gobbled it up.  I was loving it.  That's why I figured it couldn't possibly pass the point calculator.  The scariest part was the tortellini, like 43 pts for the whole pkg.  Crazy.  The whole dinner was so quick and easy.  And yummy.  So I had to share.  Even my embarrassing rolls.  Want to see them?

Hilarious.  There is a bible verse that says if we don't praise the Lord, even the rocks will cry out.  I swear that when I took these little guys picture I could hear them humming a bit.  Scary stuff. 

Oh well. I am not a baker.

Anyways may help you with a quick mid-week dinner some time. Now if I can make it until bed resisting sweets...13 more days....

No comments:

Post a Comment