Happy Pinning!

Monday, August 10, 2015

I like to move it move it!

I like to move it move it! Love that catchy song ever since Madagascar came out, such a fun song to dance with your kids to.  So as our sports week we danced to that song and watched the movie too. 

 
Other than that I mostly just sent the kids out to do active things. As such I don't have very many pictures this week. I am working on trying to get my baby sleeping better afterall so I was more of an idea man this time, "hey go do this..." and not always participating.


As such I had them utilize their outdoor toys and sports equipment, which incidentally they also got all organized this week by helping their dad clean the garage.  So they rode their bike and scooters and kicked around a soccer ball.
 

They used their chalk to play hopscotch and foursquare.
 

On Tuesday our food had a "ball" theme.  We had donut holes aka "golf balls" for breakfast.  I attempted to make a cracker/cheese/pepperoni football for lunch that they scarfed up and of course we drank gatorade too.  And we had cheese balls aka "Basketballs" for our afternoon snack.  Good thing we are moving around and burning extra calories this week to make up for the really crappy food that goes along with this theme haha!

 
 
Wednesday I sent them back out to play some old favorites like frisbee, hide and seek, red light green light and to have a tricycle race. They honestly weren't always enthusiastic about my ideas but usually ended up having fun and giggling and running back in to see what game they should play next.


 

 
Wednesday nights dinner had a baseball theme (which means more health food!), we had stadium hotdogs (I even wrapped them in tinfoil to seem authentic! We also had nachos.  Yeah we will eat healthier next week I promise!
 
 
 
 
Also it isn't exactly like crackerjacks but I made some of my famous koolaid popcorn.  I made 4 flavors; cherry, orange, lemon and green apple.  It is like a 3 hour project especially with 4 flavors but so yummy.  The recipe can be found here.
 
 
To continue the baseball theme of this day the girls played baseball with Craig outside (I think some of the neighbor kids too).  Craig was probably more excited than the kids to do this.  And it makes me happy to send him out to do that because he doesn't always take breaks to have fun.  Another baseball activity that took place this week is we are 90% done with the Detroit Tigers nursery for Jack.  I have a few more finishing touches to do before I can do the big reveal. 
 
 
 
Finally on Friday night we had ultimate family game night on the wii playing bowling, table tennis, fishing, air hockey, billiards, duck hunt, etc. All from our living room. We hadn't played some of those wii games in quite awhile. It was tons of fun!

 
Seemed like the kind of occasion that needed a super yummy snack...For a treat I made this Reeces Peanut Butter Basketball dip found here.  It is UNREAL!! And super cute! Of course within 3 seconds the basketball was destroyed and unrecognizable.  But the recipe makes a lot so I would recommend it for a big party usually.  So I had this huge bowl of barely eaten peanut butter deliciousness and my mom asked me to bring dessert to a family party the next day so.... I used the leftovers as a frosting on brownies and repurposed it into another dessert.  Yeah I'm pretty smart.
 
 
This weeks fruit of the spirit is Faithfulness.  We talked about how to be faithful to God and stand up for our faith and share it with others. So....next week is my last "planned" week.  And it's kind of a lame theme, "Back to School" in an attempt to make the kids do work they haven't been doing all summer. But don't panic, even after this week we will still have 3 weeks left of summer and I'm going to find some fun stuff we skipped to revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment