Happy Pinning!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Wacky Wet and Wild Week!

This was a kind of low key week for me because I had helpers to implement the fun activities which is necessary when you are stuck inside trying to establish a routine with a new baby! He looks like a handful doesn't he?

 
He actually is still in that doesn't want to be set down stage so that does make productivity difficult! And tomorrow I'm on my own, oh my!

Monday:
Was fun with sprinklers day!
The girls rode their scooters through the sprinklers:


They also put the sprinkler under the trampoline and jumped and had a great time!

Tuesday:
While mom and dad took baby to the Dr they made Bubble Snakes with their Grandma and Grandpa.  We used this tutorial here.  The girls thought this was super fun.  We didn't get pictures of ours though, we didn't do animals just used fun duct tape.

That night we made something cute for our drinks, perler bead drink covers with straw holes to look like fruit slices.  We made a watermelon, apple and kiwi. I think they are cute!


Wednesday:
Grandma took them out to paint the sidewalk with water,  the designs dry and disappear and you make more.  Easy peasy. This is a good activity for the toddler age set especially, no mess!

Wednesday night they took a bath with glow sticks! This was a big hit!


Then before bed we played my childhood favorite game: Pillow monster! You could just have a regular old pillow fight but pillow monster is a little more organized.  The key is to stopping before someone gets hurt!

 
Thursday morning Jack had his first sponge bath followed by his first real bath later in the week, we figured he needed to get in on the wet and wild action too!

 
 
Also that morning we made sponge balls.  I had planned on having them use these for washing the car as well as the fun activity that night but they didn't get around to washing the car!

 
But they came in handy that night when we had a water balloon/water gun fight with a whole mess of neighbor kids.  Craig tried desperately to get the balloons filled faster than they could throw them and pop them.  In the end just dumping the buckets of the water was the best defense.  

 
 
 
When you are two in the middle of a water fight with big kids you retreat to Mom and say "Up Momma!!!"
 
 
In the end is was Craig vs the only boy neighbor participating!
 
Then this weekend they had a three pool days in a row! Fri, Sat and Sun, including getting new swimsuits from Grandma. We painted our nails with glow in the dark nailpolish also.

 
 
My Mom and sister built the kids an awesome poolside fort for snacks and getting out of the sun in between bouts of swimming!  There was probably a disturbing unsupervised amount of candy consumption occurring inside the tent!
 
 
This is how Jack rolls at a pool party.

Finally I made a cake with pop rocks.  It was supposed to be firecracker cake for patriotic week but since we didn't get to it until this week we used a variety of colors instead of just red and blue.  Here is the pic and link of recipe.


We did get another firework show on Saturday night viewable from our upstairs window. 

 
I did make one more recipe that was supposed to have been from last week too, that was my Stars and Stripes Quinoa recipe here.  I love this recipe.


But mostly I didn't have to cook this week, I had meals brought from church friends and my Mother-in-law cooking while visiting.  It was lovely.  I'm telling you this next week is going to be rough!

For our family devotions the fruit of the spirit we discussed this week was Patience.  We sang our patience song.  We discussed how it is so important to be patient with each other because God is patient with us.  We highlighted Ephesians 4:1-3 as a family and discussed how being patient with each other is important to keeping unity in the spirit.

This coming week is music and art week.  And it's mostly me on my own...with four kids! Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment