Happy Pinning!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oh Good Grief

So getting my "affairs" back in order meant, 1. Cooking and blogging again 2. Resuming exercise 3. Resuming healthy eating and calculating what I ate.  So 1 was easy breezy, 2 wasn't easy at all but it is something that I can fairly easily check off my list each day, 3, well..........that takes all day discipline! What happened to my all day discipline?  I assumed I would wait until the major stressors in my life that threw me for a loop were all sorted out. Haha.  Silly lady.  They aren't getting sorted out, instead there seems to be a steady stream of obstacles one after another.  Guess I should practice jumping hurdles and I will be better conditioned to handle these things.  So if I want to take charge of my mess of a life and move forward I better do it despite the obstacles.  So here we go with #3!

I wanted to share the recipe I made for dinner, on a whim I looked up at my Favorites Bar across the top of the browser and hit the WW button!! Oh boy. Then I plugged in everything I ate today. gulp. Then I plugged in my weight. double gulp. Those admissions were brutal.  The best part was dinner.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest (of course I did!) and made it and it was delish.

Honey Soy Stir Fried Chicken
Her picture, her recipe found here.
Reading her entry made me laugh! And she was right it was super easy perfect for those days when being the CEO of your home is not so easy.  The only thing I didn't use was the sake because frankly I bought a bottle of oyster sauce just for this, I wasn't going to buy sake too! I just skipped it and it was super yummy without.  So when I plugged it in to WW guess what I discovered....5 pts a serving (I used 6 chicken thighs and measured it like that, my girls split one so it made enough for two meals!) This tasted way better than any Chinese takeout restaurant.  I made rice and bought frozen store bought egg rolls. I was going for easy! Total of 12 pts for a meal which was really pretty good.  Had I been more careful the rest of the day that would have worked out very nicely I would imagine! I may make this often considering I have a huge bottle of oyster sauce now!

So I have found that when you completely fall of the horse, you gotta get back up there one step at a time.  It isn't going to be easy to climb this mountain that I feel like I already climbed last year but slid all the way back to the bottom this winter.  Only way to get started is by taking the first step! So now I have those three hurdles tackled just need to keep pressing repeat. Cook, blog, exercise, measure, repeat.  Cook, blog, exercise, measure, repeat.  This could work.
Another thing that I take very seriously in the summer is having fun family time! Last 5-6 summers my husband taught summer school and we balanced his extra time/laid back schedule with tons of fun family activities and excursions. Just like bears store up for the winter months that they hibernate, we store up with tons of quality time for the months that teaching seems like a 100+hr/week job. Last few years we did an ever popular bucket list.  This summer I made a big one!
Isn't it pretty!? I already crossed off about a dozen!

I also got this book last year but things didn't go as planned for me to start it in January and I was thinking July 1 would be a nice time to start.  This is sort of like a half year resolution for my whole family.  Especially my kids to keep them more active.

I went ahead and made a calendar for July, also the majority of summer bucket list activities are outside so they count too!
I hope you are having a great time enjoying all the wonderful parts of summer with your families too. The title of this entry is in honor of Charlie Brown who I was sort of feeling like this week, discouraged, rejected, and well pretty much like a loser.  Oh Good Grief.  But you know what I like about dear old Chuck? Every time Lucy whips that football away right before he tries to kick it with all his might, and he lands flat on his back humiliated, every time he gets up and tries again.  Some may call that a sucker, but I rather admire his perseverance.  So I will try to dust off my bum and try this again! Easy as 1, 2, 3 right?

No comments:

Post a Comment